Visitors to Cla$$ic Gєoяgє's Mind

Monday, March 14, 2011

Remakes, Reboots & Re-imaginings

2011 is the season of the sequels.This year there will be over 25 sequels in theaters and that’s NOT counting remakes and reboots. I wanna Start of by excluding Harry Potter in that category of Sequels because those films are based on books and we have known all of them where being made unlike such abortions as Big Mama's House 3 or Scream 4 that I think should go start to the Dumpster let alone DVD/Blueray. Don't get me wrong there are Sequels that I am going to see such as Hangover 2, Star Trek 2 and Transformers 3 even know Transformers 2 was a total waste of money and I hated it, I still wanna see if Michael Bay can redeem himself. The only original films that are coming out in the next little bit that I am excited to see because it's based on a Fresh idea is Paul and that's about it. I do also wanna so the Smurfs movie but that's a re-imagining of a Classic cartoon from the 80's not a squeal but will probably end up being one like the Chipmunk movies did but here hoping that don't happen. So in my eyes Hollywood need to turn on there brains and start thinking up some NEW ideas because soon we will get sick of seeing the same thing over and over. I have boycotted seeing the Film True Grit because the 1969 original starring John Wayne is the best in my eyes I feel that there was no need for a remake. In other nerdy sequal news there working on a Bill & Ted 3 that's so stupid just Stop it already if I have to see another sh!tty Shrek film I'm going to blow my brains out. Stop the Remakes, Reboots & Re-imaginings



No comments:

Post a Comment